There are currently about 25 million Americans diagnosed with some sort of thyroid disorder. Thyroid disorders tend to be more prominent in women and the probability of a thyroid disorder occurring is four times more likely in women than in men.
What exactly is the thyroid?
- A butterfly shaped gland in the neck
- Makes T3 , T4 and calcitonin (calcium regulating hormone)
Symptoms of a Thyroid disorder
- Weight gain, even though you are not eating more food.
- Increased sensitivity to cold.
- Muscle weakness.
- Joint or muscle pain.
- Fatigue (feeling very tired)
- Pale dry skin.